Feature Interviews with Architects & Designers from Around the World.
At Modelo we are focused on connecting with all of the professionals in the building design industry including architects, engineers and general contractors. Through our highly regarded Design Manifestos, we aim to explore how these highly-talented and creative people came to pursue their crafts, who and what have influenced them most and how their unique voices have evolved over time. Part reflection. Part aspiration. Welcome to Design Manifesto from Modelo.
Interested in getting involved?
We love hearing from new architects, designers, fabricators and other skilled creative people who want to tell the world their stories. If this sounds like you, or someone who you know don’t hesitate to reach out to us through the form below. Please be sure to read our guidelines below.
Interview Goals: Clear, honest, personal reflections and declarations from designers, architects, fabricators, general contractors and other highly-skilled creative individuals
- Minimum 1800 words / Maximum 2500 words
- 1 high-resolution photograph of the interview subject at least 1200px wide
- 3-5 images/renderings of each project discussed in interview
- Photographs must be royalty-free or have the express permission of the photographer for inclusion in press materials
- Photographs must be attributed to the photographer
- Upload one model of one unbuilt project using Modelo
- Contact information (email, phone number, website, etc)
- General contractor and Structure consultant/ fabricator’s information for each project
- Anything else you’d like to share
How it Works
- Interviews are typically conducted with one or two people, intimate interviews are the best kind
- Interviews are typically conducted via email (or phone call if preferred by interviewee)
- The interview is then transcribed and edited for clarity and concision
- You will receive a draft of the interview prior to publishing with the opportunity to make minor edits
- Timelines vary, but we aim to provide you with a draft within 7 business days, once we have all required materials
- Publication occurs first here on our company blog as well as on our Design Manifestos publication via Medium
- We share the interview across social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest and encourage you to do the same
- Select interviews are included in our weekly email newsletter