Unbuilt: Highlighting Innovation in the world of 3D Design
At Modelo, we are working to create a platform for architects and designers from around the world to seek inspiration and share their accomplishments.
As the world of 3D design continues to mature, the speed of innovation and creativity has been accelerating with it. Users have been able to explore infinite possibilities, both possible and impossible.
In our newest blog channel, Unbuilt, we aim to feature some of the most original, thought-provoking, and complex models of unbuilt design in an effort to inspire 3D designers of all kinds.
How does it work?
You can upload your 3D designs directly to the Modelo platform and, using an embed code, we’ll integrate a dynamic rendering of your design directly into an Unbuilt article.
You can either create a guided experience for your users to follow or allow users to freely explore your design themselves. The rest of the article will explain what principles, techniques or philosophies you followed that guided you through the creative process.
Interested in getting involved?
Architects, designers, artists, students, fabricators: we love hearing from 3D software users of all kinds and seeing what types of work you’re up to!
If you’d like to see your work published on the Unbuilt blog, feel free to reach out to us using the form below.
Feature Article Goals: to showcase innovative, creative, original, complex 3D designs.
- Include a short summary of your work, what it is, and what sets it apart. (Minimum 300 words).
- If contacted, be ready to upload your 3D files to the Modelo platform so that we can render them directly in the blog post. Multiple models would be ideal!
- Models and renderings must be royalty-free or have the express permission of the photographer for inclusion in press materials
- All creations must be attributed to the creator.
- If your 3D designs aren’t already on the Modelo platform, we’ll kindly ask you to upload them! (don’t worry, they still entirely belong to you!)
- Once the files are ready to present online in 3D, we’ll draft a written summary of the project with the information available.
- Before publishing, we’ll give you about 7 days to review or make minor edits to the article.
- Once you’ve approved it, we’ll share it on the Unbuilt blog and on our Medium account.
- We also share all posts social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest and would encourage you to do the same!
- Select articles are included in our email newsletter.