Intellectual Property Terms
Last updated: June 7, 2021
These Terms consist of the Intellectual Property Statement and the Intellectual Property Infringement Complaints and Handling Procedures two parts. Please read and understand the Terms carefully. If you have any concerns about the Terms, please send emails to the Modelo Group support team via email@example.com. By using or continuing to use the features and services of Modelo Platform (“Modelo Platform”), you acknowledge and accept these Terms may be updated at any time.
Intellectual Property Statement
- Notice for Uploading Content
1.1 Users can upload models, floor plans, decoration plans, design specifications, tutorials, rendering effect, literal expression and other content (“Content”) to the Modelo Platform. Before uploading Content, you shall confirm that you own the ownership and intellectual property rights of such Content, or have obtained the legal authorization.
1.2 At the same time, you shall also confirm that the contents you publish will not infringe on the trade secrets or other legal rights of others, and will not violate your confidentiality obligations to third parties.
- Licensing for Content Uploaded by User
2.1 By posting Content on Modelo Platform, you consent to grant Modelo Group a worldwide non-exclusive license to use the Content and such a license shall be free, irrevocable, permanent, re-licensable or transferable. Modelo Group reserves the right to use the Content in accordance with such permission to display, promote, and utilize them in other ways that are not prohibited by applicable laws. As it should be, such licensing does not mean that you give up the ownership of Content, but only grant Modelo Group and other users licenses to use Content.
- Precautions for Using User Uploads
3.1 Please notice that when using Content uploaded by other users: Your license is limited to use other user-uploaded contents for personal and non-commercial purposes. For example, using models uploaded to Project by other users for your interior design and floor plan generation. Without written permission from Modelo Group and the original author, you are not allowed to reproduce, reprint, or use such User Uploads in any other way. Otherwise, you need to bear the corresponding tort liability.
- Intellectual Property Statement for Modelo Platform
4.1 The intellectual property rights, including but not limited to trademark rights, patents, copyrights, and trade secrets of all contents on Modelo platform, including but not limited to projects, images, files, information, documentation, platform architecture, platform screen arrangement, and web design belong to Modelo Group or other obligees. Without the specific written agreement of Modelo Group or other obligees, no one shall use, modify, reproduce, publicly display, alter, distribute or publicly publish Modelo platform programs or contents.
4.2 Without the specific written agreement of Modelo Group, no one shall reproduce, copy, forge, sell, resell, or access the Modelo Platform or any part thereof for any commercial purposes.
4.3 All legitimate rights and interests of any software (including but not limited to any image, photo, animation, video, audio recording, music, text, additional program, and attached material) used by Modelo Group belong to the copyright holders of the software. The user shall not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the software without the permission of its copyright holder, or otherwise discover the original code of the software, and implement any alleged copyright infringement.
- Modelo Brand & Trademark
5.1 The texts, graphics, and combinations thereof concerning the logo and “Modelo”, as well as other logos, symbols, products, and service names of Modelo Platform are Modelo Group’s trademarks in the US, Canada, China, or other countries. Without the specific written authorization, no one shall display, use or otherwise dispose of it in any way, or indicate to others that you reserve the right to display, use or otherwise deal with it.
5.2 When you use the name, logo, trademark, or other information stated in Article 5.1, please do not to use it in the following ways, because these methods of use are unwelcome and may result in infringement liability:
(1) Make others misunderstand that you are or your behavior is on behalf of Modelo Group/ authorized by Modelo Group/ associated with Modelo Group;
(2) Deceptive and defamatory use;
(3) Use our name, logo, or trademark for commercial purposes, or as the main name, title, and logo of related business conducts;
(4) Use our name as the keyword or search tag for you and the products or services you provide;
(5) Other uses that may lead to confusion, misunderstanding, and infringement.
5.3 Modelo Group reserves the right to ask you to take legal responsibility for the improper use of its brand and trademark.
Intellectual Property Infringement Complaints and Handling Procedures
If you believe that the Content uploaded and displayed by Modelo Platform users on the Platform infringe on your relevant rights, please send a notice to Modelo Group. Modelo Group will take measures according to relevant laws and regulations.
- Notice of Rights
1.1 If you believe that your rights are being infringed, please submit your complaint to Modelo Group support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This form may be used to report all types of intellectual property claims including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, design and patent claims. To submit a notice of intellectual property infringement, you must be the rights owner who owns the intellectual property being reported or an agent with permission from the rights owner to submit notices on his or her behalf.
1.2 You should include the following information in your report:
(1) Specific identification of the intellectual property you believe is infringed, such as the registration number, written description of or link to copyrighted work, first date of use, etc;
(2) Nature of infringement, whether infringement occurs on the product, physical product packaging, image on the product detail page, or text on the product detail page;
(3) List of infringing models, floor plans, decoration plans, design specifications, tutorials, rendering effect, literal expression, including screening shoot of the detail pages;
(4) List of infringing users, if applicable;
(5) Supporting documentation or any other information that will help Modelo Group in processing your complaint; and
(6) Your contact details, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, and secondary contact details.
1.3 Please do not submit more than one type of intellectual property violation per notice. In order to ensure quality and quick resolution of your notices, we will only process the specific complaint type you have chosen in the notice (such as, patent, trademark, or copyright). The following are examples of submissions that contain more than one complaint type within a notice:
(1) Selecting trademark infringement and discussing copyright issues in the submission. The notice will be processed as a trademark complaint only. If you want to report infringement of a trademark and a copyright, file separate notices.
(2) Indicating two trademark numbers in one notice, as only the first trademark number will be considered for that notice. If you want to report infringement of separate trademarks, file separate notices.
1.4 If circumstances have changed post-submission of your infringement complaint, you may submit a retraction.
- Special Tips
2.1 Please notice that you shall be responsible for the authenticity of the notice of rights; the counterclaim shall be responsible for the counterclaim. If your "claim" or "counterclaim" is inaccurate, you shall be liable for all liability (including but not limited to various compensations and attorneys' fees).